export sheet layers

Ariel

Question

I've set up a sheet layer showing viewports of 4 elevations of my 3d model in hidden line renderings. I've also used hatches in my annotations. I now want to convert/flatten everything to 2d so I can export a 2d only dwg file. Unfortunately, when I hit the convert to lines command, all my hatches disappear after the conversion. Any suggestions?

Ariel

6 answers to this question

Jim, I don't see any "2D Only" button when I export to DWG. There are options for exporting 2D Fills and Files (see attached pic) but those don't seem to convert any 3D information to 2D. Am I missing something here? I'd LOVE it if there was an option to have VW automatically flatten, convert to lines, and export to DWG.

For plans, I leave the 2D Fills checked and uncheck all other 2D & 3D checkboxes. I leave fills checked because I use a pattern fill on new construction in renovation projects. Exporting plans from design layers is usually pretty smooth with the exception of text which seems to default to simplex and doesn't retain it's "flip" if it's been flipped.

Exporting elevation and section viewports from sheet layers, however, is quite a bit messier. Quite a bit of cleanup is usually required. This is a big pain if I have to issue several revisions during the course of the project.