Batch Print from multiple files?

eas

Question

I know this has come up in the forum before but I am wondering if anyone has a new solution?

We are dealing with sets of 200 or more sheets (just the architectural) each in a separate file. Plotting a set is a huge time commitment.

Is there (maybe in 2008) a way to do this quickly? Is it possible to write a vectorscript to do the plotting?

One of our new employees recently come from the ACad world is reminding the rest of us that there are still a few advantages to the big behemoth program.

5 answers to this question

Couple of ideas:

1. Are you using sheet layers or just design layers in the files? If just design layers, then create a single VE "Plot File" and reference in all of the other files and create a saved view (or sheet layer/Viewport) of each one. You can then use the batch print command.

2. VectorScript is file based and basically useless for inter-file work. But since you are on a Mac, you can use AppleScript. The dictionary for VW is small, but should allow you to open a file, run a VectorScript (either already in the VW file or coded in the Applescript) and close the file. If you need help with this, please let me know.

Pat

What a blast from the past.

Nope, we didn't.

It is funny how whenever a new person starts here a few weeks in we get the batch plot question. We just plot all the files one by one by one by one . . .

If you figure something out please share!