Small interface improvement

patrickhubble

Question

When double clicking on a viewport, a dialog appears asking you to edit the crop, annotations or design layer.

It would be great to just double click on the radio button, for annotations for instance, and the dialog will close and you edit annotations (rather than having to click 'ok').

This could apply to all/any dialog boxes with radio button requests, and I am sure it is fairly easy to do.

3 answers to this question

Patrick,

If you right click (control click) on a viewport, you will get an option called Edit followed by Edit Annotation, Edit Crop and Edit Design Layer. It you select Edit, you can set which option (or the dialog box asking what you want to do) as the default for a double click on a viewport.

So set you double click on the viewport to Edit Annotation and then use a Right Click for the times you want to edit the crop or design layer. Maybe an even better soluiton than yours?

Pat

Not a bad idea - thanks Pat.

For any other dialog boxes that appear the feature could still be useful. I'd like to also add option-double clicking on navigation palette layers etc. would edit them would be nice and fast, and double clicking on the drawing label object would edit the drawing title. (These are just small wishful things)

Patrick,

Having done some programming myself, I know it would not be an easy thing to make a radio button double-clickable, it's just not in the nature of radio buttons to be used this way. It would have to be a completely different type of object. In fact I can't think of any other software at all where a radio button can be double clicked. I like your ideas for other double clicking though.