VW2008 crash

Bostonluke

For me, I will open the plant tool, then click to open the plant preferences pop-up....that is where you see the plant symbol with its currents settings. I am able to add a few new plants by duplicating an existing plant on that screen, but after a few new plants VW freezes with the plant preferences box open......it does it at that point every time.

I had the same thing happen to me today, but a Vectorworks error screen kept popping up, but it was transparent and I couldn't see an error message. It popped up probably 20 times in a row, then it briefly showed the error message...something to the effect of 'the requested resource is not available'. When VW crashes a warning chime goes off when you click as if there is a popup box open that is not letting you do anything before you click it off, but I don't see anything unless it is the Plant Preferences box that has just stopped responding.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Andrew

I've had a few crashes! But when defining plants, this message always comes up after a while... The pop up appears about 10 times, to which I have to click OK about 10 times. It then finally dismisses the dialogue, but that's the time to save the file as crash is imminent.

For us the message does not always come up, but a good percentage of the time it does. I find that if I open task manager some of the VW functionality comes back but when I try to save it brings up the save box and it is blank so I can't see any of the buttons or anything. The unavailable resource error does popup up about 10 times or so before the program seems to freeze.

I do know that there have been some problems people have been having with corrupted workspaces and corrupted default preferences files.

Have you tried to reset your preferences back to the defaults and seeing if that solves anything?