Can't get rid of residual graphic elements

Several of my 3-D drawings contain the spurious images of prismatic elements and fragments--lines and polygons--that were the by-products of previous operations. They cannot be 'Selected' with the mouse or the 'Select All' command. Yet they are rendered as if they were 'real'.

How do I get rid of these phantom elements?

Thanks in advance.

Ed in Dallas

------------------

Edward M. Baum

quote:

Originally posted by embarc:

How do I get rid of these phantom elements?

What you need to do is force a screen redraw. Do this by double-clicking the Pan tool, or by selecting the Pan tool & clicking once on the drawing window.

------------------

Janis Kent, AIA

author WorksTutorial & WorksManual

quote:

Originally posted by Janis Kent:

What you need to do is force a screen redraw. Do this by double-clicking the Pan tool, or by selecting the Pan tool & clicking once on the drawing window.

---------

Ms. Kent,

Thank you for the replies to my questions. I'll get the book. Since you are the author of highly recommended manuals, I should address my comments given to a previous respondent to you. You should write a step-by-step, well illustrated book on rendering and lighting and perhaps animation. Perhaps a bit like the best Photoshop manuals, that take you through the process of each major move and build confidence as well as teach. This is important for anyone to get better.

As an architecture educator I know how difficult it is for students to get to the point that VectorWorks arrives at quickly. And nothing makes people want to buy or use a tool like seeing what a peer has made with it. So I'd suggest a RenderWorks, etc, manual lose the clunky mini-mansions and bad kitchens as examples. A group of students from good architecture or product design schools, given VectorWorks as a starting point could make very sexy and interesting images.....from historical reconstructions to furniture to landscapes to suggestive new environments.

Thanks again for your help on the bulletin board.

Edward M. Baum FAIA

Architect

Edward-

You are most welcome. I might consider doing one on RenderWorks, but I have been told it is very easy to learn - on the other hand... See what some of the tips & hints Dan & Paul have in the WorksManual & see if that helps you. I think a lot of the rendering stuff is just trial & error, that is once you get a handle on how best to manipulate it all.

------------------

Janis Kent, AIA

author WorksTutorial & WorksManual