Setting Z origin viewing

I have been trying to set the viewing of my z origin below the middle of the screen.

The reason is that most every thing that I am drawing is house oriented, so z=the floor. And when I turn to view 3D or front/side views, the bottom of the screen is unused, and the walls & such are off the top of the page. Of coarse I can pull the view down, but I would like to set the ground plane near the screen "ground".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

D-

• 1 month later...

I've got a similar question, however I want to move the z origin a few thousand feet.

In my drawing, the "z" origin is a way off the page, by a few thousand feet when looking at the gray ruler on the left side of the page when in a 3D view. I may have accidentally started my drawing this way (perhaps by starting my drawing using imported surveyor information). Now, when I view 3D with nothing selected, the information disappears a few thousand feet off the screen.

I found some interesting definitions of origin (internal origin vs. user origin) on a vectorlab.info site. On it, the author says that this internal z origin is established by the center of the page when you open a new document and that this internal origin can't be moved.

I've been still been wondering if anyone has found a way to change that z internal origin. It would be very helpful to try to keep any 3D info "on the screen" without having to resort to saved view workarounds or pre-selecting something before using the 9-key pad to look at my model.

Also wondering if this z internal origin is the same as the z origin of the ground plane.