symbols from v12 to 2008

Is there an easy way to convert my existing v12 lighting symbols to 2008. I have done a lot of tweaking to the existing symbols (line weights, colors, text sizes, etc). I'd like to keep these graphical edits in 2008 but I want to use the 2008 version of the "Light Info Record" for its new capabilities (Shutter Cuts, Beam Rotation, etc).I guess i could write a script but am trying to avoid that right now.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in Advance

Jeff Miller

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi folks; i just completed converting SoftSymbols from vw12 to vw08. as i understand it, the difference in the light info record between the two is the addition of three new data panes; a second "beam" pane, a second "field" pane, and a "num channel" pane. if you're not rendering or showing beams you need not be concerned. if you are attempting either of those tasks with a circular cone of light, you need not be concerned. if you're rendering or showing beam of elliptical light (par) then you need to re-enter beam & field info, one b&f for each axis. the "num channel" is to list number of channels for multiple-channel devices (movers, mixers) in the future. hth, shelley