Sign in to follow this  
rickf

12.5 Symbols in VW Landmark 2008

Hi

I can not seem to import the old 12.5 plant symbols into VW 2008. Any advice would be appreciated.

Open the library file in VW 2008, save the file, and add the converted file to the Resource Browser.

I'd just like to add that I did the same thing. I actually opened my 2D Plant Symbols file in 2008 and exported the symbols to the new Plant Objects file so I have them all in one place.

However, just a thought - are you talking about the plant symbols or Plants you created in 12.5? I had problems in early 2008 in that VW didn't seem to be able to convert my existing plant definitions into 2008 - the symbol sizes were all over the place and they were impossible to edit sensibly. However, upgrade to SP2 fixed the problem and I have been able to upgrade all my plants.

Thanks Katie, that helped. tslattergarden, I was talking about the plant symbols. I did create some myself too which seemed to import just fine.

thanks katie -- I was able to add the old plant symbols to my resource browser, but they are with black labels -- can they be edited? or can you only change the master symbol? When I tried to edit it changed the master in the resource browser Even when I try to duplicate it edits the master. thanks