Zoom function craps out

I've noticed that the Zoom capability of VW 8.5.2 is not very reliable especially at high resolutions. Objects seem to appear fine in blocks (and nested blocks). But certain objects seem to disappear at random. upon zooming in the drawing. This is very, very aggravating.

Anyone else have the same problems? BTW, I'm using a G4/500, 512 MB ram, ATI 128 with 32 MB VRAM. On a PC things seem to be even more unpredictable.

quote:

Originally posted by sakkaraju:

I've noticed that the Zoom capability of VW 8.5.2 is not very reliable especially at high resolutions. Objects seem to appear fine in blocks (and nested blocks). But certain objects seem to disappear at random. upon zooming in the drawing. This is very, very aggravating.

Anyone else have the same problems? BTW, I'm using a G4/500, 512 MB ram, ATI 128 with 32 MB VRAM. On a PC things seem to be even more unpredictable.

I've had this problem on a windows platform since day one of the first beta. I don't think I've even bothered reporting it because it's so relatively insignificant compared to the other bugs they are ignoring that have reported. They'll just tell you to buy the next rev.

• 1 year later...

quote:

Originally posted by sakkaraju:

Anyone else have the same problems? I'm using a G4/500, 512 MB ram, ATI 128 with 32 MB VRAM. On a PC things seem to be even more unpredictable.

INTERESTING to find this issue in VW as I am having the same problem in MC 7.03 on a PowerMac G3/400 with 64MB allocated to the application. At 100% I can view the floor plan just fine, once I zoom in to 200% (a scale where I can actually wortk on it) parts of the object dissappear. The annoying part is that this is not a consistent problem, but only with certain parts of the file? Does anyone have any suggestions on what is required of me to aleviate the problem. Would allocating more memmory to MC help?

THANKS for any suggestions!

As a suggestion you may want to check your internal accuracy of the drawing. Go to your Page menu > Set print area > look to the bottom left of the dialog box. If you have less then 3 zeros behind the decimal point of the internal accuracy this may signify that there are extraneous objects far away from your page. This may be the cause of objects seeming to dissapear upon zooming.

Are the objects that are dissapearing usually hybrid symbols?