Fillet Edge with Variable Radius

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am struggling with understanding the variable radius pairs... can anyone help?

I would like to vary my fillet so that it starts small, gets bigger and then gets small again along an edge.

The edge is, say, 2000mm long. I would like 10% of it to be hardly any fillet (say 10mm), 80% say 50mm radius and the remaining 10% back to 10mm. However, after entering the first two pairs of informatio, I can't set the final pair (the set button is greyed out). So my resulting fillet increases along the edge beautifully, but will not decrease towards the end of the edge.

Am I missing the point here? Some help would be great.

Thanks

This is my best guess ... so please bear with me ...

The FilletAlongPath procedure requires: selection>Path>beginningR >endingR.

It can't process chains : selection>Path1> beginningR1>endingR1>Path2>beginningR2 >endingR2>Path3>....

Therefore, you will need to split the object at the transition point and perform two separate FilletAlongPath procedures.

If this is indeed the case ...

Then, a FilletAlongChainPath procedure would certainly be one totally awesome tool and point the way to creation of all manner of sophisticated organic shapes.