Custom Titleblocks

MSLD

I'm having an issue with custom titleblocks. I've created a symbol for my titleblock with specific fonts and line weights. When I use it as a symbol, it displays correctly, but when I use it with the Draw Border tool, it changes the fonts and line weights to the current fonts and weights. This was not an issue with v12.5.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Did this issue ever get resolved? I have the most recent build of SP2 and am having the same issues described above (i.e. the TT fonts in my custom title block work fine in the symbol but change when the title block is inserted into the border). Weird thing is that not all of my text fields change, only some of them. Did this get reported as a bug?

Guest Wes Gardner

Here's the poop on Fonts as I understand it - if you want the font to stay as you set it in your custom block, DO NOT check Pen Style in the Attributes Panel.

I haven't tried it with line weights but I suspect it's the same scenario...

Edited by Wes Gardner

Slight clarification:

If the Pen Style of a text block in a title block is set to "Class Style", then it will use the font and style of the drawing border.

If the Pen Style of a text block in a title block is set to "Solid", then it will use the font and style set in the text block.

Edit the Title Block Symbol, make sure that your text blocks are set us use Solid for the Pen Style. Exit the Title Block Symbol.

Select the Drawing Border and reselect the Title Block.

You should now have a title block that will retain you fonts.

Pat

• 4 weeks later...