mitered corners

lineweight

i'm not sure I understand the situation, but if you have 3 walls coming together at a corner it can be tricky. Where 3 walls come together I use the command that used to be called the Column... command. it's now called the Pillar... command.

you can draw a shape, use the Pillar command and then join the walls to the pillar.

If you have a copy of my Architect Tutorial Manuual (version 12.5 and above), then you will find an exercise on this near the end.

Badarian: I've tried putting end caps on the wall, to no avail. Is that what you were talking about?

Seth / MG: The disabling of auto-join walls is what worked for me. Thanks for that little gem.

archoncad: When you do the "Pillar" command, and you are trying to extract a drawing in plan, does that not give you some issues?

Edited by lineweight

Yes, along w/ having the auto join turned off as Seth/MG mention.

Try drawing (auto join off) your two 12' wall segments and then use the wall join tool to join them at the 90 degree angle.

Next draw the 8' segment by starting at the desired position then with the wall still selected use the OIP to give it a flat end cap choose the start option in the end cap drop down menu.

You can also use the "Remove Wall Breaks" tool to clean up those little mitre lines and then rejoin using one of the wall join tool options.