Avoiding window/door loss

Seth / MG

I suspect, but have not been able to confirm, that when doors and windows disappear from my plans, it is due to wall edits. That is, stretching or moving a wall in a way it does not like causes inserted PIOs to vanish. I can't define it much better than that because sometimes even a remote change will cause a problem.

I have not found a viable workaround, aside from vigilance and reduplication of work.

My experience is that if you make a wall too short to contain the door or window, the door or window will be removed. For a will with many window where some get close to a corner, it gets dicey to make small adjustments.

I have never had a problem with making walls longer and having a problem. Do you have any details on that condition?

RonMan

Seth

A couple of things:

1. If you have to shorten a wall and a door/window is near the end to be shortened, move the door/window first by adjusting its position from the end of the wall.

2. If doors/windows seem to be disappearing, check the visibility of classes of the sheet you are on.