SP 2 Will NOT Print

Yeah what can I say - no 3D edge snap repair, no accuracy, no definate to be extruded object that sticks to a point AND NOW

No Printing ?

What more NNA - Back to SP1. at least it prints never mind the "nice" little no use to have little things other gets the thrill about. I am not upset I am P**** off.

And TECH said the problems I submitted WILL be fixed. Sounds more like a TURBOCAD bull - and that is low, the lowest insult you can get in CAD. At least you get a CAD with more features for a fraction of VW.

Dit is nou 'n bank k*k - in plat en plain Afrikaans.

Not upset but totally berserk - Nice NNA NICE !!!!

Edited by clb

CLB,

This message board is to discuss issues. It is not intended to be used as a venting blog. If you have an issue you'd like resolved, post questions and information about the issue. I've since responded to the printing post over in the printing discussion area.

A general usage rule is to post a topic once. Chances are, the post will be read and responded to by someone; there's no need to post a subject/question in two separate forums. It only creates confusion.

I'm sure Tech Support was able to comment on issues guarateed to be fixed in SP2. If there is a specific issue you still experience in SP2, please elaborate on the issue for assistance. A blantent post doesn't help you nor NNA try to assist in your issue.

My guess is that it is Vista, land of unstableness, bizarre video performance and printing hell....Let us hope that the Federal mandate of a spring release of the Vista service pack may bring sanity back to the world owned by Bill Gates.

Katie, I hate to say it but stuff like this does not bode well for those of us considering upgrades. Personally I'm holding out for 13.5 (oops, 2008 sp3?), the holy grail of stable NNA releases...

-J

jnr - it worked perfectly with SP1. Better performance with the last update than XP.Just when SP2 came .....all hell broke loose. I need it to work on for a dwg that is suppose to be out tommorrow morning - and I still have to do a site at 600 km from me - gee I want to sleep some too.

It is currently like the FORDS here - you send it in for one oil leak, you get two back, you send it in again, you get three back .. in the end you sell the thing for a loss -- bottom end, you never buy a Ford again

Edited by clb

Katie

You are perfectly correct - I am unreasonable with reason.

1. I have a 3D Snap edge problem and file sent to Tech and acknowledged - supposed to be fixed in SP 2

2. I have a problem where for instance if you take a square to be extruded that you can and with effort get hooked to an edge point of a 3D object a little bit adjusted in size via the OIP then it shifts of it's initial position even if you lock the one corner, middle point, anywhere. It is acknowledged by Tech - supposed to be fixed in SP 2

3. Both issues is critical for accuracy. Impossible to buy more seats of VW and entrust juniors with it - I have done that structure and all other parts especially through VW for one reason - to test it thoroughly - I backed VW to a point because I see immense potential in it with some or other leader with more vision. But I am not gooing to sleep at peace with others designing in VW and knowing all the accuracy issues. I done, I have seen it. I have experienced it and VW do not give a - that SP 2 proves.

4. I have various transparency problems - given through to TECH. The one moment in a OpenGL render you can see through, the next time it blocks and only part of the objects render transparent - supposed to be fixed in SP 2

5. It is 2 years that there is begged for some decent up to date 3D tools - VW say they listen and you get a VW 20088 release with so little improvement and so many bugs it is embarrassing to tell anybody about it. PIO's is a general must have for all CADS and they have it - the final and optical design and gfinishing touches are provided by the user/designer/architect/engineer with good too use up to date available tools - no improvement.

6. Service Packs is supposed to be fixes and enhancement of design tools - not fitting a plant data base to it and be proud of it. That is a by the way download for those who want it. Bottom line -is that Service Packs is BUG FIXES and extra tools in the hand of the user.

7. What did we get - a nice interface, some secondary 2D enhancement tools, some VP to DL direct access/ route and the others is not worth mentioning - except the lot of bugs that is still in the cupboard.

7. Looks like we got a VW 2008 just to get increases and Christmas bonuses paid - for that the advert department is doiing their job well .

8. Base line - give core design and usable tools - the times you do listen it is with a wax in the ears - we get 1/2 what we asked - VW tends just to cut the rope short to tie it fully.

And I have learned by now - the bigger and shinier the desk the bigger the ass hole sitting behind it.

See the wish lists and attend to that and you will not stay in the mud puddle but be able to jump out of it.

I said my part - Finish.

Have you followed up with TS as to the status of the issues ?

My point is this - this message board is to discuss issues. It's not appropriate to come here and vent, and expect people to help you when the issue is not clearly defined.

If you want help, state the issue and people will look into it - or simply follow up with Tech.

If you want to vent, this is not the medium to do such and will not be tolerated.

And the Export to DWG and Rasterize Printing still do not work.

Have to vent - VW were supposed to have the issues fixed and it is not.

All worked in VW 12.5 - now there is none.

It is a VW 13 - bugged and a DUD.

Edited by clb
We are in the process of investigating the printing problem on Windows. For now, if you turn of the GDI + Image option on the Display tab of the VectorWorks Preferences, you will be able to print.

Gunther

So is this a confirmed issue then ? Is it confined to this printer or will other (HP) printers have this issue - I have an HP Designjet 130nr printing via network connection - Using XP drivers as no dedicated Vista drivers. Running Vista Ultimate 32 bit.