Cakllout Tool & Keynote Legend Non-Cooperation Issues

After developing a sizable database of commonly used callout notes, I'm finding in version 2008 that anything from 12.5 is really buggy.

For example, when I open a 12.5 file in 2008, all of the notes from the Keynote Legend are in the wrong font. When I double click the Legend to bring up the database and notes manager, it shows no notes and worse still, when I cancel out of the dialog box, the notes then disappear completely.

This is a repeatable problem that seems to persist on two different machines (both Mac with Leopard) whenever I open a 12.5 file that has callouts and a Keynote Legend.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

(FWIW - I have not yet installed SP1 or SP2 for the new OS. COuld this be the culprit?)

Update:

Just finished downloading and installing SP2.

Callout tool and Keynote Legend still somewhat buggy, but working correctly for the most part.

It appears that there's a new handle which allows you to drag and drop the space between the bullet/number in the keynote legend and the beginning text for each note. Was pretty squirrelly, but under control once I figured out what to do with it.

Anybody else experience some of this?