drawing lines dissapearing on me?

Hi,

When i draw, as i've gone through this project, the guide that shows the lines that have been done behind me, as i'm doing them, have gone so i'm kinda drawing blind.

So, everything that is drawn shows up, but not the stuff I'm drawing as I'm drawing it. It doesn't matter what drawing tool i use it's always the same.

As i went through the project it started off with a strong line, then at some stage i noticed the line going dashed, then i'd have to wiggle it to get it to show up, and now it doesn't even show.

Any solutions?

Cheers

Matt

Vw 12.5.2; Macbook pro 2.2; 2g ram

As i went through the project it started off with a strong line, then at some stage i noticed the line going dashed, then i'd have to wiggle it to get it to show up, and now it doesn't even show.

This reminds of the "marching ants" solution .. you know those old-style blinking lines around selected objects. Way back in the old days ... the problem was how to show selected objects differently from unselected objects.. the brilliant solution was the "marching ants" which became a signature of Quickdraw and is still used by photoshop.

You seem to be describing the exact opposite ; )

Hey thanks everyone that posted.

I have just converted from a pc to a mac very recently - so i must admit that I was a bit ignorant when it comes to the way of the mac. I've since done a lot of browsing and research.

Anyway, I updated my os, to 10.5.1 and i updated the vectorworks to 12.5.3, after i figured out how to open it with stuffit etc.

So all is fixed! and may i say, running better than i have ever seen! ..fantastic! I had endless issues with vw and my old pc, this was a great move to a mac and i would recommend it to anyone!

Matt