Gear Racks

Larry B.

Larry

See posts under the Projects.

We still have a huge lag in VW with basic and simple 3D tools in Mechanical eg.

1. I Beam tool with base plates and holes - Top & Bottom at least

2. Simple Assemble tool wher you select faces/points and hit the assemble button

3.Keeping the subtracted / Intersected object as option

4.Piping Tool

5.Bending / unbending

6. Sheetmetal tool

Keep asking and post it consistently please on the wish list items - hopefully VW that brag that they do listen to their users will this one time really listen to the users needs.

They will extend their PAYING user base by a heck of alot if they do - Nothing wrong with VW for Mech/Struct - nothing. It has all there to do it.

Just a bit of effort is needed and someone with a wider vision for it.

Larry,

No to both. These will be added to the wish list for 2009.

To anyone else listening: We do listen to our user's needs. What would you like to see for the next release of VW Machine Design?

Thanks,

Tom Urie

Nemetschek, N.A

Larry,

No to both. These will be added to the wish list for 2009.

To anyone else listening: We do listen to our user's needs. What would you like to see for the next release of VW Machine Design?

Thanks,

Tom Urie

Nemetschek, N.A

Thanks Tom,

I added pipe threads to the Wish List almost 20 months ago, 03-31-06. Gear racks are a basic machine component, and should have been included many versions ago, same for the teeth on the bevel gears. These should not have to be on a Wish List.

VW has the potential to be a great program for machine design, as stated by others,( thanks clb )who know what is missing.

Larry

Larry

See posts under the Projects.

We still have a huge lag in VW with basic and simple 3D tools in Mechanical eg.

1. I Beam tool with base plates and holes - Top & Bottom at least

2. Simple Assemble tool wher you select faces/points and hit the assemble button

4.Piping Tool

5.Bending / unbending

6. Sheetmetal tool

Keep asking and post it consistently please on the wish list items - hopefully VW that brag that they do listen to their users will this one time really listen to the users needs.

Excellent work clb,

Most of my work is machine parts, and the tools that VW offers are great, especially threaded parts. Sometimes I have to include gears, and was really suprised not to find gear racks.

You did an outstanding job on your project, and hope that your items are added to the Wish List.

Larry

Hi Tomu

Nice to see you back and active

1. I Beam / Column tool with base plates and holes - Top & Bottom & Sides at least

2. Simple Assemble tool where you select faces/points and hit the assemble button to assemble any two parts doiing the chamfering themselves

4.Piping Tool

5.Bending / unbending

6.Sheetmetal tool

7. Hybrid tools that is usable in rotating them as preferred in any plane. As they are - it is useless. I waste time on making my own because hybrid have usage limitations. And I do not want to ungroup everything to get to be done something with.

8. Explode parts

9. Auto Dimensions - it wastes all the production time - Cad is suppose to save money - see the Alibre Movie for good example.

This will be good for starters - do not try to go to fast too soon. Do this and we are partly there for the basic and ordinary tools needed in 3D without BUGS! and defianately accuracy in 3D.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom,

In response to your query about what we'd love to see in Machine Design, yes, teeth on the bevel gears would very important now, and I agree *heartily* with clb's list, emphasizing the option to keep the intersected piece. The sheet metal tools would be wonderful to have and go a long way to making this a complete package.