Class Override not working on Referenced files using NEW true referencing

ASL

I am currently trying to convert 12.5 VW files to VW 2008. I have used the new recommended method for creating 'Referenced Design Layer Viewports' (both creating them via the conversion process and from scratch). This first step works as expected. HOWEVER, in the Viewport on the Sheet Layer the class override does not work on these layers.

I do not want to use the Advanced Properties option of Black and White only, since there are some classes for which I want the color to remain.

What step am I missing???

One of my colleagues found the answer:

Under Tools > Organization > Viewports go to the Design Layer Viewport (the one that has the reference file in it) and select Edit. Then select Classes and change the Fourth column in this window from 'Use Viewport specific class definitions' to 'Use document class definition' (it's an icon that either has a picture with corners or the VectorWorks logo on a sheet of paper).

Now everything will be in color in the Design Layer, but the class overrides in the Sheet Layer Viewports will apply to all the layers, referenced and active.

• 6 months later...