edit group while others grey

bonus

Question

Today you can choose in VW preferences wheather to have other objects invisible or shown while editing a group.

My wish is to add the option to have other objects in "grey/ snap others" while editing. It gives the opportunity tho clearly see what belongs to the group you edit, while you can adjust it to the surrounding objects.

5 answers to this question

Didn't see that....but that was back in April......

I might be more sporadic in my visits in the forum than you are. Reminding never hurts though and it shows there are more of us out there.

I saw your ditto wish for symbols. Are you not afraid doing changes to a symbol will affect the same symbol in other files, where the change might not be wanted? - or that you will end up with symbols with the same name but different content?

If a symbol needs adjustment in a particular spot, I would rather convert it to a group, do the changes and then recreate a new symbol with a new name.

Agree with edit Groups in Grey+Snap mode

Agree wholeheartedly that we need an "Edit Symbol In Context" option of some kind, also with the same Grey+Snap display option.

Your fears Bonus, about editing all other instances of symbols are unjustified,...you're no more likely to edit them blindly in context, than you are now by editing them out of context. Though I'd be keen to see a "duplicate in place and edit" option for symbols as well.

Getting a better grip on the use of symbols in a large file would be served well by changes to the resource browser, as per my wishlist entry below, particularly the sort of 'instant reporting' without having to generate 'Reports'

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=86030

I know this is an old topic. But now, 15 years later, is there still no option to clearly show the context while editing a group? As you can see everything turns transparent.. Is there a way to turn off the transparency of the objects outside the group so I can see them more clearly? 

@Christiaan You seems to be regular active on the forum ,did you managed to make this work?

image.thumb.png.9277da31168d8cbdcdf4e05d34d33c24.png

EDIT:

Oeps, Found this setting: image.thumb.png.5ebd030720d8ab003ebc83b4bfde2b4b.png

Still it would be nice if there was option to show the context grey without transparency . So you see the context clearly but also can see whats inside group and what is outside.

Edited by MarcelP102
  • Like 2