Finding Workgroup References when reference has changed

patrickhubble

Question

It would be useful, when relinking a workgroup reference that has moved, that it notes the name of the file the reference originally refers to and for which you need to search for. (Something along the lines of "Please locate 'SurveyDwg.vwx'...")

At the moment, if I have a folder in with all my references in it, I move the folder and VW notes that it cannot find the references (which is fine), however when it asks you to find the file, the dialogue finder box which appears does not have the name of the filename you're supposed to search for, and if you choose the wrong one, all references to the original file in your master document are replaced by all sorts of incorrect references from the wrong file. This is mainly pertinent when a file has multiple references.

It should also allow you to choose a folder, instead of only choose a file, to search within for the references. Something along the lines of Search Paths for compilers perhaps?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet