Error....

Hey all! Kinda new to the VW scene - using Spotlight a lot for my theatre lighting designs. I had the TD send me a VW file of the theatre I am working in, but I cannot get it to open. The error that I get looks like this:

THIS FILE WAS SAVED IN THE STUDENT EDITION OF VECTORWORKS. FILES SAVED IN THE STUDENT EDITION CANNOT BE OPENED IN THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION.

I am running the 2008 Education version of VW on XP. I thought that the Education version and the Student Edition were the same thing. The file that I am trying to open was created in v11 of VW.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

I am running 2008 and I still get the error message when I try to open the file I was sent. The original file that I am trying to open was created in VW 11.

The problem is I am trying to open a VW11 Student edition file with VW2008 when I get the error message.

Edited by thorin81

Student Services is the best place to go for answers to questions like this: student.nemetschek.net

You can't open files older than 12 with VW 2008 student. This is the case for all past student versions - it only opens back one version.