import aerial photos

domer1322

I have a file with GIS information (imported shape files) and it works fine until I try to import an aerial photo to overlay the GIS info (street lines, parcels). I have to scale the photo to match the scale of the drawing. But after many frustrations I figured out that whatever changes I made to the photos (usually just size and position) do not get saved when I close the file. When I re-open the file, the photo is still there, but it is now the wrong size and located in the wrong spot.

Any suggestions ? Does it matter if the photo is contained in the same folder as the VW drawing?

VW 2008 XP Pro

have you found a way to lay the aerial onto the height data?

if you purchase you aerial photo from somewhere like getmapping then the aerial comes with an additional file which is a couple of K, then when importing the aerial VW promts you and asks whether you want the aerial to scale, nad it will line it up exactly with your data if using co-ordinates. it is important that this additional file is kept in the same folder as the aerial