VectorWorks quiz questions for current and potential employees

You can give a person a round peg to place in a round hole and they will always depend on you for another round peg.

On the other hand you can show another person how to force a square peg into a round hole and they will resent the fact that you gave the other person a round peg.

It doesn't matter what you do someone is going to think they have been singled out and put on display.

People are people and must be delt with on an individual basis. Office standards are what they are...standards. If you can't conform to the standards then take your square peg and find a company with square holes.

Pete A

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We who were born with dowel rods in every hardware store can make fun of putting square pegs in round holes, but when pegs were the standard way to join wood they did just that, for the reasons Brudgers named. A carpenter would hand drill a round hole, then rough cut a square peg, quickly trim the corners with a knife, and hammer it into the round hole, crushing it into shape. He just had to have an eye to how big the peg had to be to make a tight joint but not split the wood.

LarryAZ says:

The other day I sat down at a fellow students Vectorworks stations I discovered I couldn't do a thing without my workspace.
That's a very good point. A few months ago, I took a simple typing test and totally messed up because the keyboard was in the wrong place and the space bar didn't work properly.

Tests, or style of working, are far less indicative of someone's potential than is his productivity at the end of the day.

Tests, or style of working, are far less indicative of someone's potential than is his productivity at the end of the day.

Even if this were the case, so what? I never said I wanted to assess anybody's potential. I said I want to:

1) help decide between potential employees if the decision comes down to CAD and confirm that potential employee's CAD skills are what they say they are.

2) help assess what kind of training of current employees needs to take place and whether it needs to be done in a group or on an individual basis.