Mucho trouble with xport to ACad

I am a devout MiniCad user. I have 6.0.1 on my Mac. I have been designing a (15-inch gauge) 'garden' railroad with it. I did the first half mile of track in hilly terrain on MC6. While I have been trying to convert him, my client wants it in AutoCad, and bought ACad 2000 with the Land Development Desktop R2, Survey and Civil Design desktops. He wants me to port it over to the ACad. We have tried a DXF, but got the message 'too few arguments'. Help!!!

Can you suggest how I can do this successfully?, please.

• 2 weeks later...

i convert alot of vectorworks stuff into autocad- i assume it is very similar in nature to that of minicad-- the best thing to do for bringing anything into autocad is exporting out as autocad13 dxf's cause that seems to be the most stable exporter== 14 exporters only work occasionally with hatching and other fills etc.

with just plain lines may be safest bet-- i.e black with only lineweights-

so try it a layer at a time-- and if that works just exref them all wirthin autocad= they will maintain the same origins.

id be worried a little about the version of minicad you are using-- the exporters are much better in the newer versions- ie version seven or even possibly vectorworks

also make sure his autocad opens up some other files correctly-- try making just a simple file like a couple of rectangles and export them out to make sure it is not a software problem with your copy-- may have to reinstall or trash pref file and let it regenerate

quote:

Originally posted by Rick Hall:

I am a devout MiniCad user. I have 6.0.1 on my Mac. I have been designing a (15-inch gauge) 'garden' railroad with it. I did the first half mile of track in hilly terrain on MC6. While I have been trying to convert him, my client wants it in AutoCad, and bought ACad 2000 with the Land Development Desktop R2, Survey and Civil Design desktops. He wants me to port it over to the ACad. We have tried a DXF, but got the message 'too few arguments'. Help!!!

Can you suggest how I can do this successfully?, please.