Fabric Funnel

Hello. I need to create a 10' high fabic funnel that is a 9' square on top that tapers down to a 6' dia circle at the base. The trick is that the sides need to curve in since it is a tensioned fabric structure. Any ideas on how to do this? Multiple extrude doesn't cut it and the only other thing I can think of would be to draw a polyline for the curve, convert it to nurbs, and sweep the nurb around the circle, but then i would have to stretch the top of each nurb to match the square, which could take forever.

Thanks!

Tyler

Yes - that's what I was referring to when I mentioned sweeping the nurbs, then I would connect them with the loft tool, I just think it would take awhile. I guess I could have it done by now. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a quicker way to do it.

Thanks anyway,

T.

Yes - but I think that would be more difficult - I just finished it using nurbs and the loft tool - it's not as clean as I'd like it to be, but it will do. Thanks for your suggestions.

I've seen others attach images to their messages, but I couldn't fugure out how to do that, otherwise I'd show you.

t.

[ 06-04-2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Tylerp ]

quote:

Originally posted by Tylerp:

I've seen others attach images to their messages, but I couldn't fugure out how to do that, otherwise I'd show you.

t.

You need to host the image somewhere, then when you reply look under the reply window and it will have an image button, hit that and then you can enter the address of the image.

Here what I did really quickly (10min.)

Basic Nurbs

-

Loft

-

Rendered

-

Its a little rough, but like I said it was done in 10 min.

I don't know if this is what your after but its what I thought you said [Razz]

Good Luck