Space Object: Decimal rounding

SteveK

In the OIP for a space object, I don't see anywhere to set the number of decimal places. The help file indicates that it should be between "Text Rotation" and "Underline Name". I don't see it anywhere. Is this a bug, or am I overlooking something? Is there a work around?

Thanks.

I've been looking for this also. It seems like a necessary option for any object that displays dimensions.

brudgers's workaround is the only I've found. It's a pain since I work in <9'-3 1/8"> but that is far too much precision for a space object. Every time I print I have to remember to set it for <9.5'>.

I've been looking for this also. It seems like a necessary option for any object that displays dimensions.

brudgers's workaround is the only I've found. It's a pain since I work in <9'-3 1/8"> but that is far too much precision for a space object. Every time I print I have to remember to set it for <9.5'>.

There are separate settings for linear and area units, and dimension objects appear to have separate controls.

I have to say that for the architectural work I do, I don't think having a single setting for non-dimension measurements is an issue.

There are things that I struggle with in VW, but this is one that will make my life easier.

Agreed. However, there are some situations where one might like to have this setting at object level: space groups (eg. departments) could be rounded to full square metres (or even to nearest 5 m2) while individual spaces would be at an accuracy of 0.1 m2.

But at the end of the day, who cares! I have this in my own Space object, but am thinking of getting rid of it to make the user interface cleaner.

I may not have been very clear in what I was asking. This is a display setting for the Room Tag of the space object. In version 12 you could set how many decimal places that you wanted displayed in the area line of the Room Tag. A setting of "1" would display 27.6 S.F. and a setting of "0" would display 28 S.F. In VW 2008 the decimal setting no longer appears in the space object properties dialog or in the object info palette.

Thanks.

This problem seems to have taken place as a result of the 12.5.3 upgrade. In version 12.5.2 and earlier there was a decimal field in the OIP. I always set the field to 0 so that my square foot readings were without decimal places.

Now in 12.5.3 there is no provision for this. After the upgrade, my existing documents changed to three decimal places. So a Space that read 45 square feet now reads 44.672 square feet.

Three decimal places is fine for machinists drawings but it is absurd for architectural. How do we fix this please?

Thanks Robert for the answer. Also thank you for your dedication in replying to this thread after eleven o'clock at night!

Your suggestion does work with a caveat. After changing the Document Settings>Units>Area Precision, the existing spaces do not update. I had to reshape the space to get it to re-write at the new precision level.

Is there a way to globally make this precision change? I used to be able to select all of the spaces and then make a global change to precision in the OIP.