worksheet / database questions

Seth / MG

So I'm doing up a door schedule, and in addition to the hardware set's ID, I would like to list the closer, hinge, etc for each door. Anyone know of a way to access this 'child' record?

Each door/space is showing up 2 or 3 times in its respective schedule. I recall reading about an option akin to DISTINCT that I might cajole into fixing this. But it seems like it shouldn't be happening at all.

Is there a concatenate operator for the spreadsheet? It seems not.

thanks for any help. hopefully I'll be able to offer some soon.

Edited by Seth / MG

The doors are likely showing multiple times due to the doors showing in Viewports. Edit the criteria for the database in the worksheet to include the design layers that the actual doors are on.

It appears that the hardware information is actually a hidden part of the door record. It does not show in the Create Report command, but they can be added directly to the worksheet. The following fields appear to be available:

HWDesc

HWSetID

HWQty

HWLockType

HWCloserType

HWStopType

HWKeyCode

HWNotes

HWSymName

HWSymIDx

You would enter these into a cell with a formula like:

='Door'.'HWLockType'

I don't know of a way to concatenate the data from cells in a worksheet. Nor do I know of a way to convert a "string" entered into a cell into a number to use in calculations.

Pat