Internal error mystery

I have just got back from holiday and started VW 12.5

While merrily working away I keep getting the following message:

Internal error - General failure encountered during disk I/O operation. (failure on attempt to open file)

Does anyone know what this is trying to tell me - it keeps coming up every 10min or so (leading me to think its when it trys to back-up the file)

Thanks, Matt

I also get this error, although i am using VW2008 and on leopard.

the only bit that pops up on my screen is the 'failure on attempt to open file'

and this only happens when i save the document, it saves fine and i havent noticed anything else untoward from this error, but still a bit annoying when you have to click 'ok' every time you save your plan

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I'm a Mac user saving to a windows server running xp. I get the "failure on attempt to open file" error, but then the file seems to save. But when I look in the directory on the server, there are a bunch of files with the file name and a VWTMP suffix attached. It seems to be creating a backup every time I get the error. I've checked the preferences and selected "overwrite existing file". Any thoughts? This is going to be aggravating if it creates twenty or thirty backup files every day.

Nick,

This is problem best resolved with a phone call to Tech Support directly. There could be a myriad of causes to the problem and would take days to sort out here.

They can be reached at 410-290-5114 or tech@nemetschek.net