Why is my texture apearing as black in the edit texture window?

Hi

I created an image in Illustrator and I am trying to map it to a 3D wall. I can map it in 2d just fine but when I try to import it as a texture it shows up as black in the edit texture window. It knows that the image is there because when I choose the "Image Color" it shows me a thumb nail and when I try to set the image size I also get a thumb nail.

What's the deal?

any help would be apriciated.

Chris

Katie,

Does this mean that RW can't be used in "fancy image mapping", like e.g. putting Warhol's "Marilyns" or Wood's "American Gothics" to entire elevations? (I've done this kind of things in ArtLantis.)

What's the maximum size of a texture image?

(Actually, I prefer Riff Raff & Magenta to Wood's original image, but that's another story.)

You can do it, but the base image has to be within a certain pixel measurement.

I don't have the measurement at home with me - it's at work. I'll look for it next week when I manage to find my way back to my desk. I'm not sure when that will be at this point.

I'll see if I can get someone else to post the info if I am unable to do it in a timely fashion.

There used to be a 4000 pixel width limit. The height limit was a lot larger, never ran into that.

This limit dated from the pict file format that had this limit built in by Apple.

It wouldn't surprise me if that limit still lingers about.

In Strata Vision, we used to rotate the camera 90 degrees so we could render wider pictures at a height of 4000. I had just bought a Quadra 700 so render times were hardly an issue anymore: 8 to 10 hrs typically. (no Radiosity of course)

OK - thanks, Dave! Now, where are Riff Raff and Magenta...

(Call me a luddite if you want. The early versions of RW did not make it possible to use "full size images" and since I need the functionality only very, very occasionally, I've not bothered to check, just relied on the trusty ArtLantis.)