Sign in to follow this  
The Cantor

text rotation during printing

Text that is rotated tries to default back to a standard view while printing. This occurs whether I am creating a PDF,Plotted, or letter-size laser print. I have resigned myself to only using text that is not rotated, but it is becoming more and more of a challenge. I am on a G4/350 running the 8.5.2 version. Any thoughts?

OK, let me re-phrase the problem. Any text that I try to rotate to a 45, 90, or other specified degree only prints in a standard, L to R format. I have looked through all preferences to find a box checked or unchecked, but have had no luck. Any thoughts?

Do you have the latest version of Adobe Type Manager, there is a special update on the adobe site for G4's running OS 9, I dont know if this will solve your problem but it's probably worth the effort.

Good Luck

Maybe not the same thing but I?ve had problems with printing rotated text blocks containing multiple lines on various printers.

This might be a printer driver issue but most likely VW is a bit buggy in its text handling.

[This message has been edited by JoarL (edited 06-26-2000).]

I downloaded and installed the ATM you spoke of prior to my initial posting. The glitch appears whether I have one,two, or three lines of text. As far as print drivers, doesn't matter if I am printing to a HP Deskjet 882c, a 5SI, or a Calcomp 1025 pen plotter using MacPlot software. I just can't figure out how to appease the text gods.....