Sign in to follow this  
lucylou

Image crop?

whilst im in the mood for learning new things and asking questions...

does anyone know a way to crop an imported image/photograph in vectorworks? it takes ages to put open it in photoshop, crop, save as, then to re-import it into VW. Even in Word you can simply crop the image. Any ideas?

With a viewport. Or with a white-filled rectangle with a rectangular hole in it (by Clip Surface tool), placed above the image or on a layer that's above the image's layer.

Or import the the image as an image fill.

the fill can applied to any shape and use the Attribute Mapping Tool (option-a) in the default workspace to move, stretch and rotate the image till it's in the right location.

and you can option duplicate-command/option/shift D on a mac to reduce or enlarge the image without skewing it by using the resize tool.

Edited by Damon Design

Even in Word you can simply crop the image.

Can you? My version of MS Office is ancient and I don't think I can crop images in it.

However, you don't need to reimport - you can have images as references.

We're all in the mood of a melody, though. Your questions are pertinent, so please carry on!

No need to import.

Open the image in Preview or other image software

Draw a marquee for your crop

Copy (to clipboard)

Click in VW where you want the image

Paste!

The selected area pastes in at good resolution. Works on pdf files from Preview or Adobe Reader, too (text resolution is only ok).

-B

ooh thanks for your answers! although some sound as long winded as the way im already doing it! i think il try the copy and paste one! thanks very much though! :o)