Exported DWG files leave Autocad very slow with long delays

Hugo

I am having serious trouble with the files I am exporting from VW2008 to Autocad (different versions). The files leave Autocad almost unusable by periods, with long delays between model and paperspace. I have removed lots of info (hatches, images, etc) in order to make them lighter, but the problem happens in lots of computers.

This didn't happen with VW 12 and now my work is almost incompatible with other offices.

What can be the cause of this? Any recommendations? All are 2D plans and elevations or sections.

Thank U.

leave Autocad almost unusable by periods, with long delays between model and paperspace...but the problem happens in lots of computers.

Yep .. this is a direct result of the inverse of Moore's Law:

If the number of logic gates doubles every 18 month, then the execution of code is reduced by 66% during that cycle.

Hence the inevitable slow downs. The faster & more powerful your computer the longer it takes to execute.

In fact, Hugo, you may be reaching the entropic state when the world's fastest computers take forever to execute a DWG import ; )