Graphic issues with plant symbols when massing

gr_frfax

Hi there,

I'm struggling to deal with graphic issues associated with plant symbols in the 2008 Landmark edition. When I overlap/mass my planting, not only can I no longer fill the overlapped masses, but I cannot control the lineweight either...I am stuck with a hairline (.03 mil or something close to that)! It is now impossible to control the graphics on plant symbols when they are massed/rendered, which really helps keep the drawing from being cluttered. It was a great feature of v. 12 and now, it's useless (graphically). Is there a reason for this? Can it be fixed? does anyone know a work-around? Any input from you all would be helpful and hopefully VW staff is working to figure out how to remedy this in the next patch/update.

I asked tech support about this issue and it wasn't supposed to work that way in 12.5 (where you could fill in overlapped plants and control their line weights) but they "fixed" that "problem" so now it is no longer a "problem" and you can't override the graphics . Basically I think you're stuck with a hairline outline of the plants, no matter what line weight or fill you actually want...

• 3 weeks later...