Moving a plant tag

AllYourBase

Can you put the plant tag on the plant ?

I've learnt two ways - one with label lines and one with plant name on the plant - I prefer the latter and only very rarely need to use label lines.

With 11.5, I could not find a way to achieve this, and along with a few other reasons (like I didn't like the plant tool anyway), I developed my own style for plants - combination of design in VW, use VW text and overlay hand drawn plant symbols. But, having updated to 2008, I would like to give the new plant database and improved plant tool a try which would mean a fundamental change to the way that I design with plants in VW.

I wrote my own Plant Tool... The mandatory workflow of the NNA tool just does not work for me. Not to mention tagging.

Plant database? If one needs to consult a drafting program on The Selection of Species, one should not do landscape design.

(Do architects expect their CAD-program to select building materials? No.)

• 2 weeks later...

There is far more to using a plant database than using it to select species, cultivars, subspecies and varieties.

A plant database one piece in a much larger workflow and if it did not limit the way that I worked, it would be nice to give it, and the new planting symbols a try. Otherwise, I will stick with my own plant tool and develop it further - but that seems a waste when someone else seems to have done 70% of the hard work.

Its just a matter of getting it high enough on my list of priorities.