why are all my walls off by 1/2 degrees?

Roman

Do you have the Constrain Angle constraint switched on and are you holding the Shift key down when you draw the walls to constrain them to the constraint angles.

This type of problem is why there is a need for a constrained wall drawing mode. It is far too easy to end up with walls that aren't quite at the required angle. There is also a need to increase the number of optional preset constraint angles so that there are 15? increments - (ie. checkmark options for 15?, 30?, 45?, 60? and 75?).

Edited by mike m oz

The incorrect angle stretch problem only occurs if you press the Shift key after you have started stretching. Press the Shift key before you start stretching and the wall will stretch correctly.

This is digressing from Roman's problem as he has stated it - or has he not been clear enough in stating what his problem is?

• 1 month later...
The incorrect angle stretch problem only occurs if you press the Shift key after you have started stretching. Press the Shift key before you start stretching and the wall will stretch correctly.

Not true Mike. The problem happens in both cases, and is reproducable for us on a regular basis.

Katie - you mentioned this bug would be addressed for SP2, yet that hasn't happened. What can you tell us?

V-G.

I have tried duplicating this problem without success (Hmm... that is success I guess). With or without grid restraint invoked, drawing 2D lines, walls, linear material tool, etc. with the shift key pressed keeps the wall/lines/etc. strictly along the x and y axes. Both while first drawing them and while subsequently editing.

Perhaps more information is needed regarding settings used by those with the problem?

I just started with my VW2008 upgrade so I frankly haven't used it for production work yet. That's my story and I'm staying with it.

Bob

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

A coworker of mine said that SP2 was 82099. If it's 82613, it should have a fix for that problem then. (Note, however, that *that* fix causes a problem with stretching walls in Rotated Plan views. We have a fix for the bug caused by the fix, but it's not released yet AFAIK.)

Even us NNAers are running into confusion with these version name changes...