Site Modelling program to suplement VW Landmark

We are a Golf Course Architecture firm and I bought VW Landmark about 4 years ago and I am really happy with the software. I want to stick with it but we are getting more and more complicated sites which means we have to complicated cut and fill plans as well as Grading plans.

The DTM site modelling part of the program is dire. The only useful part of it for a GCA is the pad which is good for tees and lakes.

I do not want to leave the program. Do any of you know an Earthworks program that can be used together or side by side of Vectorworks? I would prefer one that works on a MAC but would be willing to use a separate PC to just do my calculations.

I spoke with AGTEK.com but they are looking at $14,500 for the program. I might just have to go down that route but I hope not as that is a lot of investment.

Hope you can advise.

Brian Phillips

Vectorworks 12.5 Landmark

MacBook Pro Intel Duo

Mac OS X

What? Dire? It does a fantastic job with McMansions...

Actually, I also find the DTM module rather disappointing. It seems to be more reliable now, but even less flexible. I know that the programmer behind it is more than capable of writing an excellent product, but his brief (& fee) is obviously not to produce a professional-level earthworks program, just a HappyDTM - a cheap imitation of a DTM.

As a road designer I have been hoping for years that Vectorworks would improve the ability of the DTM to handle variable sloping circulinear polygon surfaces.

I use HighRoad from Creative Engineering (http://createng.com.au/) & have used it to design roads, parking & pathways for golf courses. Haven't tried it for designing fairways, bunkers, ponds, etc, but I sure the capability is there. I have worked with Chris Baker the developer of the software for the past 15 years.

Brian, if you require additional information, please send a private email.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Petri, I doubt that you know "the programmer behind" this feature. The DTM was completely re-written by a NNA engineer for VW12.

To all: we are looking for wishes for the DTM. Please submit them to the wish list. The more specific you make your wishes, the more likely we are to be able to do them. (e.g. "variable sloping circulinear polygon surfaces" is very useful, whereas "road design" is much less so.)

Thanks in advance!