The Resources file not found

bety bet

Question

Frustratingly have to admit that I just start to use Vectorworks 12.5 few days ago when I was forced by circumstances to work on my roommate computer for a deadline..Problem is that every time I'm trying to access for ex. some tool from my Tools Set it'll give me kind of a error window saying this:

The "IP Resources" fie not found

We're using a Mac PPC and I thinking that maybe some plug-ins are not setted right?

Thank you

7 answers to this question

For example I'm trying to draw a window or a door , a widow wall, columns..etc..

Also when going in Resources Browser and brows for instance a door, it'll find it for me in Library but I'm unable to imported in my layout ..Sorry, I 've worked before in Archicad and got use to that and now maybe I'm misusing the VW Library ?

Thank you

Do you have more than one serial number installed?

Either the serial number being run does not permit Architect tools or the workspace you are using is old.

It could also be that you have a class/symbol/hatch/layer (or some other resource) named "Door" or "Window" or "Column" or "Window Wall"

One of the rules in VW is you are not permitted to name any drawing structure element, ID, or resource the same name as a tool.

Send me an email with the serial number you have running on the computer. (Please do not post your serial number here)

On Windows, you can find this by going to Help > About VectorWorks

On Mac, you can find this by going to VectorWorks > About VectorWorks.