convert multiple collinear lines into 1 line object

brian-rwc

Question

Maybe this already a feature of VW 2008 or it's been said before but I think there needs to be an option to merge 2 or more collinear lines and replace them with a "true" single line object with exactly 2 endpoints (not a polygon or polyline). I know Autocad has a very similar function and it was called something like the "glue" command (the last time I used Autocad)

I hope this is already a feature in VW 2008 because it is so essential. I don't know anything about programming but I wouldn't think it would be too hard to do. The function would just have to take the multiple lines, identify their extreme end points, delete them and replace them with a new line between those end points.

If this is and has always been a Vectorworks feature please let me know how to find it. Thanks

2 answers to this question

(unless different for VW 2008) I presume that will just create a polygon even if composed of 2 collinear lines (assuming it's the same as in VW 12). I would like the ability to convert the 2 lines into a single line object with 2 end points that are easy to edit, know the angle of rotation and/or verify they are not crooked, and will not split up into their original line segments when decomposed. I see no use for polygons that just look like single line objects.