fillet operations

I'm new to VW and I'm noticing a lot of inconsistencies in fillet operations. VW does well in simple situations but won't fillet between NURBS (every other drafting application in its class will do this), and if you convert the NURB splines to polygons (not a good idea if you plan to machine them), VW won't fillet the polygons properly. I submitted this a few times to tech support in an effort to find out if I was not understanding something, and I got no reply ? but I think this is an important issue to others like myself who would like to use the Machine Design package for mechanical design and find ourselves having to port back and forth to other apps so we can do simple drafting operations.

I've attached a couple files...

? Michael

Michael,

I've sent a message to Tech Support to look into this.

In the interim, can you send a file over to me, too?

Please include a description of the problem and the version of VW you are using.

Hi Katie,

Here is an example of what I was talking about joining and filleting NURBS. You'll see the details when you look at the file.

The existing Join And Fillet command won't operate on them, as far as I can tell.

Thanks for having a look at this. Maybe there is a way to join and fillet NURBS that I am not seeing ? I'd be grateful to find out. thanks

I'm on 10.4.10, Intel iMac, v13.0.0(78970) SP1

Edited by mmyoung