change tool modes

suzannah

Oh, good questions. This is one of my favorite hints and I give it often on the podcast.

In the NNA supplied workspaces, each group of modes in the mode bar can be toggles/stepped thorugh by a different key. They are mapped geographically to the U I O P keys.

So in the 2D Selection Tool, the U key will toggle between the Reshape mode and the Move mode in VW12. IN VW2008, it will step through the three modes (No Interactive Scaling, Single Object Scaling and Unlimited Scaling).

The keys can be changed in the Workspace Editor in the Misc. Keys pane.

Pat

• Like 1
  • 15 years later...

It's worth mentioning that also keys such as [ (left brakcet) and ] (right brakcet) can be used as such shortcuts. More info: 

The Tool bar is divided into sections grouped by mode function. To move easily through the mode sections from the keyboard, press the U, I, O, P, [ (left bracket), and ] (right bracket) keys. Each key corresponds to a consecutive Tool bar section.

Source: https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2023/eng/VW2023_Guide/Start/Application_window.htm?rhsearch=U O I P&rhhlterm=u o i p