Sign in to follow this  
Bjerkewm

Export to Acrobat PDF

What is the path to exporting an image file which can be processed by Acrobat into an at scale printable document. I note that exporting to Tiff files apparently exports only the active layer.

On a mac, go to chooser and select Acrobat PDF Writer. Do your normal page setup and instead of printing hardcopy, you will be generating a pdf file.

I do not have Acrobat PDF Printer. I have tried sending Tiff file to Adobe website for translation, without success, to see if Acrobat works, before buying it. Do you know, is PDF Printer only available with Acrobat?

I am not sure if anyone else offers PDF Writer. I do know that I have had excellent success writing files direct from my VW files. I am on a G4/350.

I use Adobe Illustrator 8 to convert files to PDF. In VW, I print to a virtual printer, saving the file as a postscript, including all fonts. Illustrator can open the PS file and save as PDF. This may work for the online PDF maker as well. I do plan on purchasing Acrobat someday to make this process easier, but Illustrator works great for now.

There is a neat piece of shareware called Print to PDF by James W Walker which works via the Chooser and only costs 10 or 20 bucks. Works pretty well.<www.jwwalker.com> Good luck.

Geoff Briggs