Classes in groups/symbols

When you make of different objects a group, that group will be in the active class. When i play with the visability of classes in a viewport, the visability hangs on the groupclass. Is there a way to play with the visabilities in a group or symbol?

An other thing is with the worksheets, i make worksheetcalculations hanging on classes for the most part.

Like floor, with =area is the m2. for the prefab part i make symbols, and the parts in that symbol i want to calculate seperate. Is there a creterea like class=floor and Insymbolname=staircase, so you have only =area of class floor in symbol staircase.

In other words: At the criterea spot you can mark symbol,that let you also look for creterea's in symbol's, can that also be done otherway around

Edited by vhector
Is there a way to play with the visabilities in a group or symbol?

Absolutely...though, if you're not careful, it can confuse the daylights out of you.

An example of how I do this in my line of work (stage lighting and design):

I have symbols of truss sections. Those symbols get placed in drawing classes like "Lighting Flown-Truss." Within those symbols I have different classes:

- A "simple" class in which the truss is just an extruded rectangle.

- A "complex" class containing all of the lacing and truss chords.

- A class for loci, used for placing lighting fixtures.

- A "rigging" class containing guidelines for rigging.

By working this way, I can place a piece of truss but look at it in different ways. I have a few simple scripts to change visibilities of the classes - simple/complex...rigging on/off...etc.

Make sense?

An other thing is with the worksheets, i make worksheetcalculations hanging on classes for the most part.

Like floor, with =area is the m2. for the prefab part i make symbols, and the parts in that symbol i want to calculate seperate. Is there a creterea like class=floor and Insymbolname=staircase, so you have only =area of class floor in symbol staircase.

In other words: At the criterea spot you can mark symbol,that let you also look for creterea's in symbol's, can that also be done otherway around

Now on to your Worksheet question. InSymbol is an additive function. That means that when count for Layer = 1 you will get a count of just the objects that are on the layer. If you do Count for (Layer = 1 and InSymbol), you will get both the objects that are directly on the layer and the objects that are in symbols that are on the layer.

I don't think you use a worksheet to examine individual objects that are inside PIO or Symbol instances.

Pat

One way to do this would be to attach a record to the object in the stair symbol.

You might call the record 'Flag'.

The criteria dialog would be something like "list objects whose record Flag is present."

=DATABASE(INSYMBOL & (R IN ['Flag']))

Logically you might use "class is floor and record Flag is prestent", but that doesn't always work for me, for some reason. I just use Flag1,Flag2 etc.

Thank you for the responses.

For the none class, in that class often comes alot of other stuff in because mostly I have that one basic active. I always give an object a class afterwards, so for schemes i don't wanna see the other stuff. So i thin i for a group class.

Indeed at the moment i use records for in the symbols. It is more like the way of calculations.

Example, i got two different staircases, one for fled and one for show (entrance).

The one for fled comes as a steel prefab staircase, the costs are inclusive the baluster and bars (so on), so one staicase is one price. The other staircase the costs or seperate the baluster is added up with the balusters off vde's (and so on). So this was the problem a bit, that i can choose the symbols if they are included or not.

Edited by vhector