Vectorworks Crashes when I click on classes tab

I have a Vectorworks 2008 file that I have a few layers of vectorworks work as well as a bunch from an imported autocad 2008 file(although do not know what it was orginally made in because when I first opened it in autocad it said it wasn't made in it). Everything works great but it crashes vectorworks 2008 designer(mac) on all the computers I try it on. does anyone have any Ideas on how to uncorrupt this file?

I've tried exporting it to cad and then exporting from cad as adwg to back to vectorworks with no luck. Everything works fine in CAD and vectorworks except for classes. It's the oddest thing. Any Ideas?

Guest Donne Martin

James,

Please send the file to dmartin@nemetschek.net

VW is crashing when you click the classes tab of the Organization Dialog and/or the Navigation Palette?

Thanks

Donne

I've experienced the same issue. In certain files, every time I click on the classes button on the tool bar VW2008 crashes. In other files it works fine. In the files that do crash, it doesn't seem to be 100% consistent, which suggests to me that something else is a factor; maybe other programs running in the background or hardware configuration?

In the files that do crash, I can access the classes window via the navigation palette without a problem. For me its just the button in the tool bar.

I'm running VW2008 13.0.0 (78970) (SP1) on a 17" MacBook Pro with OSX 10.5.

Same problem here except that I don't think that I need to send any files. If I open VW, close the blank "untitled 1" that it opens automatically, then create a new blank document ("untitled 2"), then click on the classes button -> crash.

It doesn't crash in that first "untitled 1" that originally opens up, but it does with untitled 2 (and of course also with the large document that I am desperately trying to get data from).

This started happening when I upgraded to 10.5. Can someone else with leopard try this out and confirm the crash? I am using VW2008 on a Intel core 2 duo Imac with what I think is service pack 1: version in about box says 13.0.0(76681).

I'll post more if i find a work around.