New to Vectorworks and need some really basic help.

New here as well as to Vectorworks looking for some basic help with a project. I'm a landscape architecture student and have taken classes in autocad but am trying to teach myself vectorworks mainly because I'm a mac person. Our latest project which of course is due in under a week is siting a housing development. I've laid roads down using the polyline tool tracing a concept diagram I did but the roads are given a fill that is no where near inside the road. I don't even "need" a correct fill inside the roads because if I have difficulty in vectorworks I may end up hand rendering it or using photoshop just because of the urgency. I can post the file using yousendit if it helps but I don't want to monopolize anyone's time just looking for some help. Thanks

James, change the fill attribute of your polyline to "none." Then decompose your polyline and it will become a series of lines and arcs, etc.

The reason your fill is so wonky is probably because VW adds a connecting side when you have something like an "S" shaped polyline. That side connects the two ends, crosses over the shape, and causes the fill to be odd. If you decompose the two sides of your road, put lines at the ends to create a completely enclosed space, then select all the objects and compose them, you can then fill successfully.

Assuming that one can do the job with the "road" tools. They may be fine for the driveway of a modest single house, but not for a subdivision or even a larger McMansion.

(Do they nowadays work as advertised? Since the disastrous ones in VW 9, I haven't even bothered to check...)

Nevertheless, James should get the educational version of Landmark. It is very, very educational...