printer recommendation?

jgmrussell

Question

Hi all,

I just ordered VW2008 updating from 12.5.2. I'm using Macbook Pro with display. I'm a kitchen & furniture designer and have been using a Brother LJ letter size and an Epson 1280 photo ink jet. I'm not terribly happy with drawing output from Epson, but it is a good photo printer. I'm looking to get a new printer, replacing the inkjet. Is there a good replacement you'd rec.? I'm not an architect and don't need large format, max. size 11x14 and I will not be using it daily as I have to make what I design! Any feedback would be appreciated.

John

7 answers to this question

John-

I am in a similar line of work, with very similar hardware, and use the Epson 1400 printer for 13 x 19 sheets. I don't like larger because of physical handling struggles on the shop floor. I'm really happy with the printer, and it's not so much money, though as for all, ink cartridges are!

Although HP makes great products, in my opinion, they don't play so nice with Macs, especially Intel-based like MBP. The drivers are rarely updated for Macs, and even less supported in Universal Binary, at least for older devices. This means your MBP would have to run Rosetta for PowerPC drivers, and hog valuable resources.

Epson is well known as being Mac-friendly. Canon too.

I'm in the same Boat.

We have 12.5.2 on a G5. We currently use an OLD HP2500CM which has DIED.

We need something that can do color in 11X17, and would prefer a laser printer. In the perfect world, we could find an "all in one" for the desktop.

Has anyone had any experience with any color lasers capable of 11X17?

Does anyone have any opinion about a decent 11X17 inkjet that they could share?

Any and ALL opinions appreciated.

Thanks.

-m