Export to DXF/DWG

Katie

I click the Export - DXF/DWG and then.... nothing. It is as even I have not clicked it. Just nothing. Or as if that tab/clicks are just not even recognized.

The system do not hang, the screen do not go white - nothing. I just can proceed normal with the dwg.

I recommend editing the workspace to remove this menu and then add it back in. Try the export then.

You may also want to test in another workspace, to determine if it's a workspace or installation issue.

If the problem persists after editing the workspace and choosing a different workspace, I recommend reinstalling.

• 2 weeks later...

Amante,

It is likely working in earlier versions because a lesser level of geometry goes out.

Is the error message above the whole, exact error message you receive?

If so, this sounds like an OS error message. Have you run Disk Utility?

Alternatively, you can send the file along with your export settings to tech@nemetschek.net and they can look into the issue.

Katie

The error message is exact and directly from vectorworks 12.5.2. And I have done disk utility about 3 weeks ago. This just came up today and I have been exporting file in the last few months. I will send a copy this file that I have been working on, but what would it make any difference if a simple line or rectangle is exported and not work?

You may want to try running disk utility again and then exporting.

Has anything changed about your computer since the time it was working to now, such as upgrade the OS, install new software or hardware, etc.?

At what point in the export process do you get the error message?

Is it immediately after clicking OK in the export dialog?

Why don't you send the file along with your export settings and someone can look into it.

The export dialog looks wrong. The dialog box doesn't have titles for any of the export options - all you have are command signs and some letter.

Has it always been like this?

You should see words next to the check mark boxes like in the image below.