Cutting 2D Sections from 3D models

DoWork

The VW Help says to select the 3D object, then go Model > Cut 2D Section. There is no "Cut 2D Section" option under the Model tab for me. I tried looking everywhere for a Cut 2D Section, but couldn't find it. It doesn't appear to matter if it is rendered as a Wire Frame vs. OpenGL (the pictures along with the directions in the VW11.5 manual show a Wire Frame). I'm using VW2008 Machine Design, I just have the old 11.5 manual for reference.

Any suggestions?

thank you,

DW

Edited by DoWork

Went to Workspace editor, found it under Legacy and tried it out. Seems to work fine.

Thank you! I remember reading about that Legacy folder in some other post on this forum. Are there any other old tools that people have found handy that I should add to my current Workspace (especially anything relating to 3D modeling)? Are there different tools in the different Workspaces? (I'm using the Machine Design workspace)

thanks again,

DW

• 2 months later...

You should also add back Cut 3D Section, as 2D shows only what has been cut, nothing beyond the cut plane. In my experience, tools are obsoleted by NNA more for their conflicting with a newer paradigm than because they create a coding conflict. If islandmon has a specific instance in mind, I'd like to be made aware. I've no doubt they might exist, just haven't found them myself.