Combining Like Plants in Plant List

JGraber

Well I've created plant lists for each of my layers in my template...unfortunately these will not update automatically when I start a new drawing. I have to recalculate the worksheet to get the correct plant count. The real problem is that it is listing all the plants or group of plants as a separate entry. For instance, I put 3 individual Boxwood plants, then a group of 3 Boxwood....I then get 4 entries in the worksheet. 3 Boxwood show up with 1 quantity and an entry with 3 quantity show up instead of combining all the like plants with a quantity of 6 giving me only one entry in the worksheet. Is there a way to sort these entries or combine plants that are the same?

JGraber- when you created the reports, did you check the "Summarize by" either botanical name, or common name? If so, it should list them once on the plant list, and tally the number of them together. If you didn't, I believe you can modify your lists by dragging the SUM icon on the column of the plants (either botanical or common name, or whatever else you have them listed as...)

Thanks, i used the SUM icon method and it worked. I definitely have problems with the functionality of these plant lists. You would think there could be a default plant list worksheet that had the criteria of 'Layer=CurrentLayer' so that when you dropped it into any layer it would update to that layer and it would create a new instance of it so that I wouldn't have to create all new ones. Has anyone figured out a way to actually display the plant symbol in the worksheet like most architectural plans?