Leopard & 12.5.2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurray. It looks like I may be able to install Leopard on my computers after all.

I will wait a bit for the reviews-and I'm sure it wont be perfect-but I'm confident NNA is committed to continue to treat us right.

Update-Installed on laptop that I rarely use VW on- Seems to work fine so far.

Edited by Damon Design
As I mentioned in a post some two weeks ago. VectorWorks users are dealing with a company who cares about it's client base. In the software industry, that isn't necessarily always the case.

NNA has a history of doing "the right thing" when it comes to these types of fixes. Looks like they have done it again.

V-G.

Agreed.

How about my MiniCAD 5? I hope that Bob, Damon, G & Melshimber support my plea to have MiniCAD 5 to be made to work with OS X Leopard. Of course I won't pay for it - I just expect NNA to listen to my concern, do the right thing, care about the user and so on.

(I could say MiniCAD 3, but I no longer have the installation disk for that version.)

I'm a Pareconist myself but my reading of it is that there is a demand for a certain level of service (software, after all, is more akin to paying for a subscription than ownership of something tangible) and that service includes the expectation of a certain level of ongoing compatibility and bugfixes. NNA are simply offering a certain level of compatibility that they think is required to continue having paying customers into the future.

NNA has released 12.5.3 to address these issues. We haven't updated to Leopard yet on all our computers, but have it on one to accomodate another program. I wanted to try 12.5.3 before getting Leoprad on the rest, but am having real problems with it on Tiger - it doesn't recognize some files and can't import autocad files. I haven't tried it beyond that - doesn't seem worth it. Maybe it is just for Leopard? Anyone else tried?

I agree NNA is usually good with their upgrades.