Export to PDF

Hi. the competition deadline is looming and we are having trouble exporting to pdf. we have presentation sheets with images, viewports and bits of text on and when we export to .pdf you cant see the text. even if we group it it doesn't appear, however in adobe acrobat it seems we can select the text but you just cant see it!!!! help!!!

many thanks

You can open the VW file on a Mac, which has inherent PDF capabilities. Every time you print on a Mac, it offers you the choice of generating a PDF file, no drivers needed.

Alternatively, you can open the PDFs in Illustrator, and edit them, one page at a time. If the fonts are there but in the wrong colors, you can change the fill color and presto the color changes even without Harry's wand.

What program are you using to display the PDF? I have found that Acrobat 6 has some display problems.

If I fill out a form in Acrobat 6 that was created in a later (Acrobat 8) document, when I go back to check it, it does not display any of the text. If I use Preview or the Acrobat 8 Reader, then all the data is there.

I wonder if your problem could be similar.

Pat

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem. I use the export pdf command, and then open the pdf in adobe reader 8, and it looks fine. I try to open the same document in Adobe Acrobat Standard 6, and most if not all of the pdf is blank. I get the error message 'bad font object or font descriptor object' when AND ONLY WHEN i try to copy and paste one pdf into another. What is going on?? Does this error have anything to do with why everything disappears in acrobat, but looks and prints fine with reader??

Oh, and my profile should read XP SP3 now.

Edited by doughd